|Transportation infrastructure development in Székesfehérvár. Installation of the Vectorial® system bus platform on Palotai Road.
|Date of installation:
The city of Székesfehérvár is committed to enhancing its transportation infrastructure as part of a comprehensive urban development plan. To address changes in bus routes and ensure a seamless experience for pedestrians, the city has initiated the installation of Vectorial® system bus platforms on Palotai Road.
Project requirements and objectives.
The project aims to create reversible bus stops that maintain a familiar, barrier-free, and comfortable urban transportation experience. They need to be easily installed, disassembled, and relocated, making them a sustainable solution for future transportation needs. The project also includes the integration of covered bus shelters and other street furniture at the bus stops.
The city’s transportation company has set forth the following requirements and objectives for these innovative bus stops:
- Include a platform with:
- adequate length,
- adequate height in accordance with barrier-free requirements,
to ensure accessibility at the bus stop.
- Include a bus shelter and bench on the platform.
- Ensure day and night visibility.
- Facilitate easy installation without the need for cranes and minimal disruption to traffic.
- Implement an anchoring system for the platform, capable of withstanding vehicle collisions.
- Enable the reuse of the whole system for future temporary bus stop replacements without impacting the utility network.
Proposed solution: Vectorial® system platforms.
After careful consideration, the city’s transportation company selected the ZICLA Vectorial® system platforms due to its exceptional features:
- Modularity and customizability of module color and texture surfaces.
- Integration of urban furniture elements.
- Ease of installation and disassembly.
- Compatibility with the city’s transportation needs.