||Space organisation at bus stops
||El Prat de Llobregat
||Terminal 1 of Josep Tarradellas Airport
|DATE OF INSTALLATION:
Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat Airport, or better known as Barcelona-El Prat Airport, is located 12 km south-west of El Prat de Llobregat, Viladecans and Sant Boi.
The airport has established itself as one of Europe’s leading low-cost airports in recent years and is a major hub for regular airlines with direct connections to the United States and Canada, South America, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Project requirements and objectives.
A series of platforms of the ZICLA Vectorial® system were installed at Terminal 1 arrival and departure bus stops with the aim of improving passenger accessibility to buses.
Between these platforms there were empty spaces on the roadway and there was a risk of passengers walking along these spaces, with the ensuing risk of accidents.
The project’s objectives were:
- To arrange the space around bus stops.
- To improve the safety of passengers using these stops.
- To create “soft” obstacles that would dissuade passengers from stepping onto the roadway and walking along the space left between the platforms.
The proposed solution.
The solution adopted involved installing ZICLA’s Zebra® family of planters in the empty spaces between the bus access platforms in order to act as friendly barriers and discourage passengers from stepping onto the roadway.
The main features of the Zebra® planter are:
- It adapts to any type of road.
- It is highly visible thanks to the retroreflective strips attached to its walls.
- It is made from recycled plastic and is recyclable, so its environmental impact is minimal. It is an eco-designed product.
- It is stackable, allowing it to configure different heights.
- It is highly resistant to weather conditions thanks to the plastic material used.
- It requires little maintenance thanks to its integrated water tank.