The progressive incorporation processes of recycled arid aggregates from construction and demolition waste (CDW) in construction and civil works, has gone hand in hand with the techniques that have undergone the manufacturing process, and the incorporation of noteworthy development that allow to homologate this process to any other industrial process. Nowadays, the construction and demolition waste treatment plants, allow the production of very good quality materials; some of them “on demand“, with high performance. Environmental issues such as noise control and dust emissions – the productive process is carried out in a closed factory, as well as the integration in the landscape, and are aspects that have been taken into account in the construction of new plants, and that have allowed their installation in industrial areas as an additional activity.
The objective of the project was the preparation of the specifications of the contract for the concession of the public service, for the disposal and recovery of debris that did not come from minor works or home repair in the Autonomous Community of Aragon (Spain), ZONA IV and ZONA V.
The aspects analyzed in the framework of the Project included the following items:
- Composition of construction and demolition waste (CDW).
- Origin of construction and demolition waste (CDW).
- Generation and origin of the construction and demolition waste (CDW) in Aragon.
- Generation, origin, and composition of construction and demolition waste (CDW) in Zones IV and V.
- Allocation of waste per treatment facility in Zones IV and V.
- Expected evolution of construction and demolition waste generation in Zones IV and V.
- Criteria for admission of construction and demolition waste to the premises of Zones IV and V.
- Valorization of construction and demolition waste.
- Guesstimate of reusable and recyclable quantities.
- Marketing of recycled arid aggregates.
- Expected selling prices for recycled arid aggregates.
- Estimated market for recycled arid aggregates.
- Recommended trade policy.
The outcome of the project included:
- Marketing plan for the by-products generated by the construction and demolition treatment plants and the transfer center.
- Expected demand for services that the plants would receive.